"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-6

Monday, October 11, 2010

Dimond's Got Talent

Last weekend my husband and I joined the judging panel for Dimond High's annual talent show, Dimond's Got Talent. (I'm quite pleased to announce that my introduction actually scored more applause and cheers than the famous Mr. Wheeles') I always enjoy doing events that bring me back to my alma mater and let me get just a little taste of high school all over again and the talent show did not disappoint.



We were entertained by beat boxers, singers, rappers, dancers and musicians. It was a wide range of acts (which made picking a winner hard!) that all featured some pretty amazing talent (which made picking a winner even harder!) I was impressed by the level of maturity and stage presence these young performers have mastered. Several of them would have fit in just as well on America's Got Talent as they did among their teenage peers on the high school stage.

After all 11 acts performed the judges deliberated tasked with the difficult assignment of choosing an overall winner. My top three choices were all tied, and fairly similar acts (my personal taste must have played out there) but the overall winner was a nearly unanimous vote for 1st place. Congratulations to Scout Smith this year's Dimond's Got Talent winner. She played guitar and sang an original song called Orange Dice. Her performance was somewhat Jewel, somewhat Taylor Swift and pretty darn good for a high schooler. I can't wait to see where her and other performers go in life with their incredible talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment