"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-6

Thursday, March 31, 2011

AAFS Fun Skate

I got to be the special guest at the Alaska Association of Figure Skaters' Fun Skate Fundraiser event. It was a super fun time that combined two of my favorite joys, kids and skating! The skater volunteers did a great job sharing their passion for skating and making sure everyone was having a fun time. The event offered free 10 minute, mini-lessons, skills demonstrations (jumps, spins and spirals) and of course, lots of games including limbo, red light green light and squat.


I was able to skate and talk with tons of kids and pass out prizes to the participants and, as always, posed for lots of pictures. I also signed autographs and passed out signed photos for those who wanted them. I especially enjoy events where I am able to promote and support organizations that have impacted my life and helped shape me into the person I am today. AAFS is not exception. My involvement with skating over the last 24 years has played a huge role in shaping me into the woman I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment