"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-6

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dr. Seuss' Birthday

I had the privilege of celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday with the children at the Providence Center for Child Development. The pre-school children gathered to listen to me read a few of my personal Dr. Seuss books.


First, by popular demand, we read Green Eggs and Ham. We followed that up with the Foot Book and rounded out our time together with Horton Hears a Who. I just love the message in Horton: "A person's a person, no matter how small." What a great tool Dr. Seuss has been to help me deliver the message of the importance of our youngest citizens. Engaging with children in positive activities has been my favorite part of this year, what better way to communicate the importance of the early years than investing in them firsthand?

No comments:

Post a Comment