"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-6

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crazy for Carhartt

I'm excited to announce that Carhartt has joined my sponsorship team! Now, I know some of you are thinking, "Hmmmm...Carhartt. That's interesting-different-not very pageanty." Let me put your mind at ease, Carhartt will not be providing any of my wardrobe for the Mrs. United States Pageant- I will NOT in fact be wearing a Carhartt swimsuit on stage :) But, thanks to their generous sponsorship I will be sporting some new Carhartt duds at appearances, doing some events with them and keeping nice and toasty this winter. Another divine appointment lead me to a friendship with a Carhartt rep through my involvement with FFA. He got the sponsorship set up and I spent the afternoon at Army Navy trying about at least a billion Carhartt products-okay that might be an exaggeration, but I can honestly say Carhartt makes everything- except swimsuits. I had no idea the scope of their designs has expanded so much. They have so many options not just in products- jackets, vests, jeans, workpants, overalls, long sleeve shirts, short sleeve shirts, button down flannel shirts, sportswear, sweatpants and shirts, thermals, hats, gloves and even shoes- but in the styles, colors and fits of those products. I think I probably tried on just about one of everything from their catalog and I can honestly say there wasn't a single thing I didn't like. Every single thing I put on I found myself thinking, "I could totally wear this for..." it seemed there was something for every occasion. Army Navy sent my list items, sizes and color picks on to the Carhartt placement rep and she'll be filling the order. I can't wait to get all my new gear and get it embroidered and start strutting my (Carhartt) stuff. Carhartt says sponsoring a titleholder is new for them and I'm pretty sure I'm the first Mrs. Alaska to wear Carhartt instead of a fur coat come Fur Rondy time, but I'm okay with that. I'm a lifelong Alaskan and I cherish the unique aspects of our state-even the cold winter weather. My philosophy is to get out and have fun even if it's cold-it's part of what makes Alaska Alaska, it's alot easier to have fun if you're prepared for the conditions and thanks to Carhartt I'll be prepared for anything Alaska can offer up! I'm grateful to Carhartt for their generous sponsorship and to their staff, along with Army Navy for investing so much time and energy in my fitting yesterday. I could really get used to this whole personal shopper business :)

For 120 years, Carhartt has manufactured premium workwear known for exceptional durability, comfort, quality of construction, and fit that you can feel in the fabrics and see in the performance. As a choice brand of those who work and play outdoors, Carhartt is proud to serve a variety of workers in many industries including construction and manufacturing along with farmers, ranchers and outdoor enthusiasts (and now pageant titleholders!) Durability, comfort and quality? All things this Mrs. Alaska is proud to get on board with!

No comments:

Post a Comment