"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-6

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Alaska Association of Figure Skaters Christmas Show

I had a blast at the Alaska Association of Figure Skaters' Christmas Show at the Dimond Center Mall the weekend before Christmas. I'd have to say this was one of my favorite events so far- it had Christmas music, holiday costumes, lots of kids, skating and candy canes-what's not to love?!
The Christmas show has always been one of my favorite skating events, because I just love Christmas and of course, I love skating. I get a kick watching our younger skaters and remembering my early years on the ice, performing at this same rink. It's also fun to see other coaches' students that I don't get to see regularly at practice-it's always amazing how much they improve and grown over a year's time.

As part of the show's finale, I skated out and waved to the crowd, wished them a Merry Christmas and then handed out candy canes to the kids in the audience. As I skated around the perimeter of the rink, handing out candy canes and posing for photos, I was full of joy-for the Holidays, skating, family and my life. Being Mrs. Alaska has brought me opportunities to touch lives that I never would have had otherwise and I am so grateful that.

No comments:

Post a Comment