"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-6

Monday, May 17, 2010

Anchorage City Church Youth Missions Worship Night

Anchorage City Church’s youth missions had a worship night fundraiser to help generate support for their upcoming mission trip to inner-city Chicago. As a member of the ACC family, I was happy to help promote their event by attending as Mrs. Alaska. A group of amazingly talented musicians gathered to perform original worship songs for the crowd while we snacked, by candlelight, on cookies. Talk about gifted! Every song was a beautiful offering of praise, many based on Biblical scriptures.
My all-time favorite local worship group was featured. The team, led by my friend Suzi Rawalt played some new tunes as well as some older crowd favorites. Suzi’s CD has for a long while now been very inspiring to me. I listened to its soothing tunes while in labor with my second daughter, Ella, almost two years ago now and Suzi’s song Radiant was my “pageant theme song” this year and is now the ringtone on my phone. It's chorus, "Those that look to the Lord are radiant, radiant, and their faces will never be covered with shame- I sought the Lord, He heard my cry, He has delivered me from all my fear" is taken from Psalms 34:4-5 and reminds us that we never have to be ashamed of looking to the Lord rather than the world.

With Suzi Rawalt, musician, wife, mother and...woman extraodinaire



It is from our God, in whose image we are created, that our true beauty and value come. It is the fulfillment of His purpose in our lives that creates in us a radiance that shines to the world. Suzy is perhaps the most radiant, beautiful woman I know and that beauty comes from her life, from the righteousness of her character and the peace of her gentle, quiet spirit. If every there was a Proverbs 31 woman, Suzy is it and her servant's heart only adds to her glowing and inspiring personality. I pray God continues to guide and shape me that I, too, will look to Him always and be radiant in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment