"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-6

Monday, May 17, 2010

Dimond High Baccalaureate

With some of my husband's graduating students

I had the pleasure of joining my husband (who served as the MC) at Dimond High's Class of 2010 Baccalaureate service on May 11th. The Baccalaureate service tradition is an old one at Dimond going back decades. Lem and I attended our own Baccalaureate as Dimond Seniors and Lem has been a part of this special service since becoming a teacher at Dimond six years ago.

Morgan works at my Sunsation Tanning, one of my sponsors

Baccalaureate is a non-denominational church service honoring graduating Seniors. Traditionally the service includes music performed by students, motivational speeches from faculty, student speeches and a blessing of the graduates as they leave high school and enter the next phase of their lives.
With Jim Anderson, my former math teacher and current sponsor

Being a part of the Dimond family, I knew many of the students and enjoyed the words shared by two of my former teachers (including Jim Anderson, owner of Anderson's Bride, one of my sponsors.) I am always impressed by the achievements of our teens and look forward to all that awaits these students in the future. I wish them all the best and pray they will enjoy blessings of joy and God's abundant and faithful provision as they embark on their journey into adulthood.

With Nicole Broquet, Dimond's prom queen (my daughter was the crown bearer at prom and presenter her crown to her)

No comments:

Post a Comment