"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-6

Monday, May 3, 2010

Blessed Beyond Measure

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

Less than 48 hours have passed since I was crowned Mrs. Alaska United States 2010 and already my life is changing! I have felt so many emotions since hearing my named annouced Saturday evening, but among all of them, it is my gratitude that stands out.


I am so very grateful to have the opportunity to represent Alaska's married women this year. I am grateful to get to do so while promoting my platform, Lifelong Impacts of Early Learning, and advocating for young chidlren in a new way. I'm grateful to my friends and family who have supported me as I prepared to compete for the title-for their words of support, their advice, their unconditional love, and most importantly, their prayers.

I am grateful to all of my sponsors for their tremendous support financially and through the donation of their services. To each of the following I express my most genuine appreciation: Anderson's Bride, Normandy Huckins of Trendsetters Styling Salon, Desiree Vasquez of Headrush Salon, Marie's Beauty Salon and Supply, Sunsation Tanning Salon, Robin Kim- independent beauty consultant for Mary Kay, Fitzgerald Photography, Law Office of Ian Wheeles, Shannon Briley, Jeannine Jabaay, Renee Scott, Paul and Elsie Hampton, Rod and Bonnie Wheeles and Larry Hatfield and Helen Spencer. Without each of you I could not have gotten here.

I'm grateful for the relationships that have been built through my pageant experience. I have met some amazing women and have been inspired by their stories and work they're doing in our community. I have built friendships that I cherish and know will last a lifetime. I'm so grateful that God has brought each every one of you into my life.

There are not enough words to express the gratitude I have for my husband and daughters. They see so much of God's good in me each and every day and never fall short in communicating that to me. I am so blessed to share every day of my life with a righteous man of God and am continually blessed by his unfailing love for me and our children. The unconditional and unbounding love of my girls inspires me every single day to be the very best possible mom (and woman of God) I can be for them. It is my example as a wife and mother that will lay the foundation for their future in those roles and I don't take the responsibility of modeling those roles to them lightly. I'm looking forward to taking on a new role of leadership as Mrs. Alaska this year and I'm excited for my girls to get to see how God uses us to influence and impact the world in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment