"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-6

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bear Paw

I was honored to be invited by one of my sponsors, Trendsetters, to be a part of their Bear Paw parade float. Let me tell you, when these folks do a parade, they pull out all the stops! This year's theme was "Groovin' on" and they went all out with a disco/tie die theme that included a gigantic lava lamp, tie die EVERYTHING, afro wigs , over sized shades and disco tunes a blaring. It was a blast hanging out with my hairstylist, Normandy, who has graciously donated her skills for head shots, pageants, photo shoots, and now as I prepare for Nationals. Those gals sure do know how do have fun...even when it's raining and there's a pretty nasty chill in the air!



I was coaching at the Bear Paw figure skating competition so I decided to spend some time at the festival before I needed to head to the rink. I picked up some fun Alaska Girls gear and bumped into Governor, Sean Parnell, along with several other friends. I've known Sean and Patty for a few years now, first meeting them at the Republican Picnic when I was working on Sarah Palin's gubernatorial campaign. A few weeks later Sean won the Primary and became the Republican Lt. Governor nominee and our campaign official became Palin/Parnell. I've been able to chat with him a few times prior to his taking of as Governor last July and get visits from him from time to time during our Governor's Picnic planning meetings. It was great to finally get a photo with him acting in my Mrs. Alaska role, though.


I so enjoy all the festivities and activities our communities offer. I feel so blessed to live in this beautiful and abundant land and kind of feel like that's reason enough to celebrate. I'm pretty much up for any opportunity to spend time with folks in the community enjoying good conversation, fun and tasty food!




No comments:

Post a Comment